Thursday, July 21, 2016

Triangle Tipped with Julep & Turtle Tootsie Polishes

While going thru my stash I saw my pile of Julep that I have been neglecting since I've discovered indies.
So I told myself I should use them more. Granted I haven't been happy with julep lately, to my on the new polishes the formula isn't the same as when they first started, when I order more then 1 of something it's never in my order & they are constantly discontinuing products that are awesome.

Today's colors are Emily by Julep.
A topaz multidimensional shimmer polish.
And Tilt-A-Whirl by Turtle Tootsie Polishes
A pink linear holo polish.
I started off with 2 coats of Emily followed by 1 coat of Glisten & Glow HK Girl Topcoat. Once dry I applied 2 pieces of nail tape on each nail making an X , then I applied 2 coats of Tilt-A-Whirl on the bottom of each X. I waited a few minutes then removed all the nail tape & applied 1 more coat of HK girl topcoat.
Outside lighting
Still outside lighting (No inside lighting today)
So here's my issues with this mani. 
1) I didn't take my pictures right away & Emily was alway ready starting to show chipping on the edge.
2) My triangles are crooked, minor issue but it's not too bad right?
3) Emily staining my nails & fingers badly!!!!!! Like I removed Emily & washed my hands 5 times & I still had polish on my nails. It's been 3 days since I wore this mani & I'm just starting to see my nails return to their normal coloring. 

I feel like after wearing Emily I remember why I love indies so much.

Emily is availible to purchase at 
Julep.com

Tilt-a-Whirl is availible to purchase at
Turtle Tootsie Polishes.com

7 comments:

  1. This is really cute. Love the blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to order Emily, since that's my name!! They had a color called Emilie a while back, but I need this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooooo!!!!! I really love this color combo!!!! Gorgeous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute mani! I love the combination; the little peep of pink amid the blue.

    ReplyDelete